Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cranberry-Pistachio Cornmeal Biscotti (Pg 160)

This was nearly one of the most exciting moments of my life. Making biscotti. Seriously. I never thought I could do it. Even with all the baking I've been doing, there are some things that for whatever reason I have convinced myself are too complicated. This was one of them. It just seemed way out of my league and way too complicated.

I was so wrong. It was so easy. The dough was really basic and then I just shaped it into two "logs" which were more rectangular than round. The logs are baked once, then taken out and sliced into these beautiful biscotti shapes, and then baked again. Viola. Super easy.

Not to mention super delicious. I love pistachios, maybe because it's a nut that I'm not allergic to so I find it exciting. But I really do love pistachios and I love cranberries. The cranberries were a bit much. I'd make them with a little less cranberries or even without, because the dried cranberries always stick in your teeth. Or maybe that's just me. There's also cornmeal in the dough which gives it a nice crunchy texture. Very delicious and definitely worth making again.


Yield:
Recipes predict: About 2 dozen.
Actual: About 2 dozen.

55 recipes down, 120 recipes to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment