Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gingerbread-White Chocolate Blondies (Pg 191)

I didn't even eat any of these because I don't eat white chocolate, but I'm in love with these. Look how pretty they are.

I will definitely make them again, and I will make them either with no chocolate or with dark chocolate chips.

It was supposed to be made with white chocolate chunks but I didn't have a white chocolate bar, so instead I used white chocolate chips. There's really no difference, honestly.

The batter was so heavy I could hardly spread it in the pan. It's made in a bigger pan than the usual 8inch square brownie/blondie pan. The recipe actually calls for a 12x17 inch baking pan. That's very large, apparently. I don't remember ever seeing one. I used a 9x13 inch, which is still pretty big. So the blondies themselves are supposed to be a little bit thinner because the batter would've been spread out more, but I don't see how that's possible because the batter was really heavy and didn't like being spread around. I just left it in a pretty big lump in the middle and it spread out during baking.

I tasted the batter itself before I added the white chocolate chips and it was delicious. It has molasses and ginger and cinnamon and lots of other gingerbread-y stuff, and I love gingerbread. So yum.

Someone who ate one of these said they were like heaven. I can't verify that, but I'll just say these are pretty darn good. Gingerbread is always a winner and these were very moist and gooey. Definitely a keeper and definitely will be on the menu for holiday baking.


Yield:
Recipe predicts: 4 dozen which would be 48.
Actual: 20 but that's really because the pan wasn't the right size.

50 recipes down, 125 to go.

1 comment:

  1. I bet they did taste like what we imagine heaven would serve at a nice heavenly tea party!

    ReplyDelete