Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds (Pg 155)

I love shortbread and I love chocolate. Nothing should be better than these. But alas, they weren't that great.

They weren't bad, they just weren't great.

Shortbread is supposed to be thick. These were thin. I'm not sure why. I think if I made the same dough and just put it in an 8inch square pan and made it thicker and just cut it into rectangles it would've been better. But this dough was rolled out to 1/4 inch thickness. I probably rolled it too thin, but 1/4 inch is still pretty thin.

The recipe says to cut these into diamond shapes, but guess what? I don't have a diamond shaped cookie cutter. I know, my kitchen is so poorly stocked. So I just cut these into, as you can see, rectangles. There was also supposed to be a white chocolate drizzle. I just thought it wasn't necessary so I didn't bother. I know, I'm so lazy. So this is what these are supposed to look like, and you can see how mine looked.

So they really came out more like wafers than shortbread. Not bad. They could've been a little more chocolately. But overall I was not impressed.



Yield:
Recipe predicts: 1 dozen.
Actual: Almost 3 dozen, but I made mine a lot smaller.

52 recipes down, 123 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment